“EROTIC TALES is a collaborative experiment with the sensual imagination.” MoMA, New York
Conceived by one of Germany’s most successful producers, Regina Ziegler, EROTIC TALES is a series of short films by prolific international directors, including Bob Rafelson (USA), Paul Cox (AUSTRALIA) and Nicholas Roeg (UK), who were given carte blanche to create films that captured their vision of the erotic in their cultures.
EROTIC TALES are, for the most part, short stories of fantasy, sometimes spiced with humorous touches; occasionally poetic or exotic. Moreover, as has often been praised in festival catalogues, the series features top professional filmmakers - directors and screenwriters intrigued by the possibility of making a personal statement on what he or she feels may constitute in a visual context the realm of the erotic.
TITLES IN THIS VOLUME
1. THE DUTCH MASTER (USA) by Susan Seidelman
2. WET (USA) by Bob Rafelson
3. VROOM, VROOM, VROOM! (USA) by Melvin Van Peebles
4. THE CLOUD DOOR (India) by Mani Kaul
5. THE INSATIABLE MRS. KIRSCH (UK) by Ken Russell
6. TOUCH ME (Australia) by Paul Cox
7. SWEETIES (Italy) by Cinzia Th. Torrini
8. HOTEL PARADISE (UK) by Nicholas Roeg
9. DEVILISH EDUCATION (Poland) by Janusz Majewski
10. SAMBOLICO (Finland/Brazil) by Mika Kaurismäki
11. ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET (Germany) by Detlev Buck
12. THE WAITING ROOM (The Netherlands) by Jos Stelling
13. GEORGIAN GRAPES (Georgia) by Georgi Shengelaya.
14. DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME (Greece) by Antonis Kokkinos
15. CAN I BE YOUR BRATWURST, PLEASE? (Germany) by Rosa von Praunheim