The Region 4 version of this disc misses out on;
The Region 1 version of this disc misses out on; Once again, Disney has seen fit to leave the Region 4 version of a Christopher Nolan film trailing so far behind its American counterpart that there really is no option as to which one to choose. Is that a little unfair, as this is a rental disc? Well, if we take the case of Memento, when the sell-through version finally came out, it was identical to the rental. Now to be fair to Disney, rights issues would have clouded the matter, as Memento is owned by Sony in the US, while Insomnia is owned by Warner Bros. The challenge for Disney, now, is to get the rights to those extras and present them so that Australian audiences do not have to keep turning to importation to get these films. They managed it - albeit belatedly - for films such as Starship Troopers, so why not these films?
- Audio Commentary with Director Christopher Nolan, presented in filming order. This commentary is not only interesting for the verbal content, but because via seamless branching, it plays the movie in the order it was shot.
- Selected Scene commentary - Hilary Swank, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Dody Dorn, cinematographer Wally Pfister and screenwriter Hillary Seitz
- Featurette - Day For Night
- Featurette - 180º: A Conversation with Christopher Nolan and Al Pacino
- Featurette - In the Fog: Cinematography and Production Design
- Featurette - Eyes Wide Open: The Insomniac's World
- Deleted Scene
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
- Cast and Crew Bios
- DVD-ROM extras